||The Mary Lena Gibbs Community Center is located in the Sweetwater/Cedar Hills Estates area of southwest Jacksonville. Formerly the site of the Cedar Hills National Guard Armory that was built in 1957, it became a City recreational facility in October 1996, after the Guard moved out. It is named in honor of Mrs. Gibbs (1914-1973), who was a second mother to the children of Sweetwater, operating a free kindergarten, serving as PTA president, working with the local 4-H Club and more. In addition to the Center, the site is also home to the charter S.O.S. Middle/High School, the Sweetwater Athletic Association (youth football & cheerleading), and Barco Field. With money from a National Football League grant and City funds, a major improvement project was completed in December 2004 at the football/soccer field that is named for the Barco family, who are strong supporters of the community.