||Tidewater Acres Park is located in east Jacksonville, two blocks north of Atlantic Blvd. adjacent to the Tidewater Acres subdivision. The name Tidewater likely derives from the tributaries of the Arlington River that flow through the area, such as Pottsburg and Silversmith Creeks. The park is part of the large Oakwood Villas neighborhood platted in 1910 by Walter C. Warrington (1879-1965), whose family retained title to the park property until 1989. Following a Mayorís Neighborhood Summit, residents contacted City Council member Lynette Self about a park, resulting in the Cityís purchase of the land in 2002 and the parkís construction in Jan.-Apr. 2004. Situated next to the Whiteway Club, a homemakerís organization begun in 1927, the park has been popular with the area residents since opening.