||Raymond E. Davis Park is located in the northwest Jacksonville neighborhood of East Grand Park that was platted in 1907. Local residents, led by City Councilman Reggie Fullwood, actively sought a park for the area’s children. The Jacksonville Electric Authority, which maintains a water treatment facility and electric substation at the site, donated the western portion of the property to the City in 2001 for use as a park. After its completion in 2002-2003, the facility was named Spires Street Park. Members of the Spires family were early settlers in the area. The City Council renamed the park in 2004 to honor the pastor of a nearby church for his service to the community, particularly its young people. In addition to a 16-year career as an occupational specialist with the School System, Reverend Davis served on the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Northeast Florida and the Johnson Branch of the YMCA.