||Mickey King Park is located in the Colonial Manor section, at the west intersection of Greenridge Rd. and Hendricks Ave. The 1935 plat of Colonial Manor dedicated the park to public use. The park lies in the old Red Bank Plantation, owned by the Philips family in the latter half of the nineteenth century. In 2003 the City renamed the park to honor Mickey King (1934-2002). Mr. King was elected to the City Council in 1971, and also devoted himself to working with the area’s youth, especially in athletic programs. Among his many fields of service were as assistant director of the Boys Home, president of the Jax Youth Football Assoc., and as a member of the Special Olympics Advisory Board. The park provides an attractive green space for the visual pleasure of passing motorists and pedestrians.