||Yacht Basin Park is located in Riverside/Avondale on the west bank of Willowbranch Creek as it enters the St. Johns River. The City purchased the property in 1921, and Jacksonville’s oldest social organization, the Florida Yacht Club established in 1877, resided adjacent to the site from 1907 till 1928. Eventually the City’s Water Services Division (taken over by JEA in 1997) placed a pump station at the site, and JEA renovated the park in 2001 with landscaping, lighting, and the construction of a gazebo and a brick-paved plaza and walkway. In 2002, Jim Overton allocated money from his bond account for the creation of a bronze statue in memory of Mrs. Austin. The completion of the bronze sculpture,"Mom’s Statue"in 2003, it was decided that it would be placed outside of the Florida Times Union Performing Arts Center. A dedication plaque, which is titled “Mom’s Park”, was installed at the park in February 2004.