||Johnnie W. Walker Park (formerly known as Grand Park) is located in the Grand Park area of northwest Jacksonville, southwest of the intersection of the M. L. King Jr. Expressway and Division Street. From at least 1940 to around 1955, the first Grand Park was located two blocks southeast of the present site, and by 1965 the park occupied most of its current location. After the opening of the community center in 1986, the City acquired an additional parcel for the swimming pool, which was completed in 1989. In 2005, the name was changed to honor Johnnie W. Walker (1937-2004) who devoted much of her life to community service. In addition to serving as president of the Grand Park and Brooklyn Community Associations, she actively worked for civil rights as a volunteer with the NAACP and the Democratic Party, and was also a sister of the Order of the Eastern Star.