||Woodstock Park is located in the Woodstock Park subdivision, adjacent to Beaver Street in west Jacksonville. The subdivision was platted in 1917, and the developer deeded the land for the park to the City in 1927 and 1928. The City built Fire Station #17 at the park, and it still exists there today. Edith Brown Ford (1910-1995) became the park director in 1949, and served as the director of the community center after it opened in 1965. In recognition of her many years of dedicated service, the center was renamed the Edith Ford Brown Community Center in 1998. In 2002 a major improvement project was completed at the park. The park contains a ceramics building near the Community Center and presents a nice setting, with towering pine trees and spreading oaks throughout the grounds.