||The land for what is now Julius Guinyard Park and swimming pool was acquired by fee simple from the Housing Authority of Jacksonville in June of 1949. The swimming pool, that was constructed at this park in 1951 and originally called "Blodgett Homes Pool," is one of the oldest public pools in the City of Jacksonville. The built out park offers a varity of activities that include basketball, baseball, and offers picnic facilities and a playscape for small children. The park located at the corner of West 4 Street and Jefferson Street had improvements done in 1978 and then a major improvement project in 2001. In 2006, the park was remnamed after Mr. Julius Guinyard a former City Parks employee.