||Wolfson High School Park and Pool are located on Powers Avenue in Jacksonville’s San Jose section. Members of the prominent Arthur Chester Skinner family deeded the land for the school to the School Board in 1962 (OR 1721 pg. 85). The Skinners operated a dairy in the area for many years, and this land was known as “Skinner’s Pasture”. The school opened in 1965 and was named for Samuel W. Wolfson (1909-1963), noted industrialist, philanthropist, and sportsman. He served on the board of directors of Jacksonville University, Barnett National Bank, the Gator Bowl Association, and Jacksonville Charities, Inc. The School Board and the City have a joint-use agreement for the pool, softball field, baseball field, football field, and track.