||The Hood Landing Boat Ramp is located adjacent to Julington Creek in southeast Jacksonville, at the terminus of Hood Landing Road. During the Spanish and English occupations, plantations existed along the creek, and numerous farms bordered the creek after Florida became a U.S. territory/state. The ramp was built sometime during the period from 1956 through 1961, a time of unprecedented growth for Duval County’s recreational facilities. Clark’s Fish Camp existed adjacent to the site before the ramp’s creation, and became a popular seafood restaurant about 1976. The stretch of Julington Creek between the ramp and the St. Johns River is a favorite habitat for manatees. As the area became the fastest growing section of Jacksonville and use of the ramp greatly increased, the City searched unsuccessfully for nearby land (much of which is wetlands) for parking and restroom facilities.