||Long Branch Park is located in the Talleyrand section of north Jacksonville. and takes its name from the area’s Long Branch Creek. The site was part of the St. Elmo subdivision platted in 1905. The Long Branch Elementary School, built in 1917 (and known then as the Long Branch Sixth Grade Center), resides across from the park. After acquiring the park property through real estate transactions in 1980, 1981, and 1984, the City established the park, with a community center, in 1984. The community center is now the Long Branch Senior Center, which organizes cultural, educational, and social activities for citizens 60 years of age and over. Recent activities include weekday lunches, a basic education program, arts and craft classes, bingo, exercise, and bible study. The park amenities also include an expanse of lawn with numerous shade trees.