||Helen Cooper Floyd Park is located on a peninsula southwest of Mayport, at the convergence of the Intracoastal Waterway and the St. Johns River. In 1830, bar pilots and fishermen established the village that eventually became Mayport. The park property was known for decades as the Little Jetties. In 1985, the City and officials of the Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament began efforts to co-develop the site as a home for the event. After the City leased the property from the Navy and made improvements, Little Jetties Park was dedicated in November 1992, but the tournament never moved there. Around the first part of 1999, the park was renamed. A Mayport native, Helen Cooper Floyd (1922-1998) was a schoolteacher, journalist, and historical researcher and writer. After moving with her family to Pascagoula, Mississippi around 1963, she eventually compiled and wrote two booklets and a book about the folk history of Mayport.