||Historic Kings Road Park is located at the intersection of the historic Kings Road (now Kings Ave.) and Atlantic Blvd., in the San Marco area. The wedge-shaped park was part of the 1918 plat of the Fletcher Park subdivision and was named Fulton Green, for Robert Fulton, the inventor of the steamship. Later in the twentieth century, a small commercial section developed around the park, and the area became known as Times Square and the park as Times Square Park. In the early 1960ís, Peoples Gas System, Inc. erected a mock spaceship on the grounds, and many citizens called the site Rocket Park. Through the efforts of the San Marco Garden Circle and the City, a major renovation and beautification of the park occurred in 1991, and the name was changed that year by City Council resolution.