||Terrace Park is located in west Jacksonville, near the intersection of Beaver Street (U.S. Highway 90) and Edgewood Avenue. Today much of U.S. 90 (though not the portion in Jacksonville) is built on the original path of the Old Spanish Trail, which extended from St. Augustine to California during the period when Spain governed much of southern America. For many years U.S. 90 was the major thoroughfare to downtown Jacksonville from the west. The Spanish Trail Corporation platted the Terrace Park subdivision without a park in 1941, and the park was established and dedicated to Duval County on the Terrace Park Replat of Part of Edgewood filed in 1950. The facility contained a softball field, playground equipment, and a basketball court in 1965, and became a City park after consolidation in 1968. In recent years, the City completed a major renovation project at Terrace Park in 2002.