||The Wayne B. Stevens Boat Ramp is located along Fishing Creek in the Ortega Farms section of southwest Jacksonville. The creek flows into the Ortega River about two thousand feet downstream from the ramp. Initially platted as farm size lots in 1910, Ortega Farms was replatted in 1937. The City purchased the land for the boat ramp in 1972. Originally known as the Fishing Creek Boat Landing, the new facility contained three boat ramps in October 1974. While three Jacksonville police officers were ocean fishing east of Mayport in March 1975, their boat capsized and Wayne B. Stevens (1949-1975) drowned. Soon thereafter, the ramp was renamed in his honor. An avid fisherman, he lived with his wife and two children on Timuquana Road, in the vicinity of the boat ramp. Improvements over the years have increased the number of ramps and other amenities at this popular and busy facility.