||Eartha H. Napoleon Park is located on Harts Road, off Dunn Avenue in north Jacksonville. Originally known as Harts Road Park, it opened in October 2003. The park comprises part of a 16,000-acre grant made to John Broward by the Spanish government in 1816. His grandson, Napoleon Bonaparte Broward Jr., later served as governor of Florida from 1905-1909. The park’s original name derives from Harts Road, built around 1840 by Jacksonville’s founder Isaiah D. Hart from Jacksonville to the St. Marys River, and also from the town of Harts Road (now Yulee) situated along its route. Robert F. King and the Montgomery Land Co. donated the site to the City in 2001. The park’s name was changed in June 2007 to honor Ms. Napoleon, a resident of the nearby Turtle Creek Village neighborhood who lobbied for the park and was very active in the civic affairs of the community prior to her death.