||Traymore Park is located in the St. Nicholas section of south Jacksonville, at the intersection of Atlantic Blvd. and Traymore Rd. Where the St. Johns River narrows near downtown Jacksonville was called “Pass de San Nicolas” by the Spanish, and the lovely village of St. Nicholas later evolved in the area after the Civil War. Brown Whatley and Joseph Davin began developing the St. Nicholas Park subdivision in 1938 and donated the parkland to the City in 1940. After the Florida East Coast Railway Co. took over the train service from South Jacksonville to the beaches in 1899, a depot was built in St. Nicholas. It served the area until the railroad ceased operations in 1932, and was moved to the park in 2004 for restoration and use by the St. Nicholas Business Association. Traymore Road separates the park into two expanses of lawn, each with a nice canopy of trees along the rear portion. Park was renamed from Traymore Park to the St. Nicholas Train Station Park in 2008.