||The Normandy Center resides in the J.H. Lindsey Subdivision of southwest Jacksonville, just east of the City’s Normandy Park. Normandy Boulevard opened in 1944. It was named as a memorial to the soldiers that were killed during WWII, when the Allies invaded the Normandy coast of France. The boulevard eventually facilitated large-scale development of the area. After a Lindsey family member and his wife donated the property to the Normandy Community Civic Club in 1953, a clubhouse was built the following year. The Club donated the property to the City in 1985, and the building was renovated and the grounds fenced and landscaped in 1986. A picnic shelter and tables were added in 1993, and in past years the City hosted an annual Kids Kamp at the Center. To increase the children’s enjoyment, a playscape was installed on the grounds in 2005.