||G.E.N.A. Park is located in the Englewood section of southeast Jacksonville. L.L. and Edith B. Pearce developed the Englewood subdivision in 1926-1927, making it one of the older neighborhoods in Southside. In 1955, Englewood Elementary School and Englewood High School were built in the area. The idea for the park resulted from a collaboration between members of the Greater Englewood Neighborhood Association (GENA) and City Council member and former GENA president Suzanne Jenkins. After Ms. Jenkins authorized City funds to purchase the property from the Jacksonville Electric Authority in December 2002, the City created the park in 2004. GENA, which has been very active in the improving and beautifying the Englewood area in recent years, desired a park for the neighborhood children. Named in honor of the Association, the park’s grand opening ceremony took place December 8, 2004.