||Goodbys Creek is a tributary of the St. Johns River, roughly dividing the Jacksonville communities of San Jose and Mandarin. When surveyed in 1792 for Francis Goodwin, the stream was known as Azza Creek, later to be known as Goodmans Lake, Goodbys Lake, and Goodbys Creek. During the latter twentieth century, tremendous residential and commercial development occurred around the creek, prompting the City and its non-profit partner, The Trust For Public Land, to seek preservation of the site. In January 2002, the Trust acquired 39 acres along the southernmost point of Goodbys Creek, and later that month deeded it to the City, which purchased the property with Preservation Project funds. It has a conservation easement on the property preventing future development.