||Rolliston Park is located in the North Shore subdivision of north Jacksonville, along the west side of a canal that opens into the Trout River. North Shore was platted in 1915, and the City annexed the area in 1925. A year later, the City changed the name of the street adjacent to the property from Hogan Street to Rolliston Street, perhaps because there was also a Hogan Street in downtown Jacksonville. The developers of North Shore donated most of the land for the park to the City in 1940 and 1941, and the City purchased the remainder from the developer in 1944. Known in 1969 as Rolliston Street Park, it was described as an attractive, passive area and has remained so through the years. Containing a few trees on an elongated expanse of lawn, which is bordered by a tree-lined canal, the Trout River, and many other trees across Rolliston Street, the park provides a nice setting for the neighborhood.