||This 411-acre regional park was named for William Pope DuVal, the first territorial governor of Florida (1822-1834). The park property was formerly the northern end of Cecil Field and declared surplus by the Navy in the early 1970s. The U.S. Department of the Interior gave the property to the City of Jacksonville. The park was officially named in 1973 on the recommendation of the Jacksonville Historical and Cultural Commission. The park offers grills, restrooms, a boat ramp, a pedestrian dock and paved trails.