||The Beach Boulevard Boat Ramp is located in southeast Jacksonville along Big Pottsburg Creek, just south of Beach Boulevard. Though the meandering creek originally included the present-day Arlington River, today it is a tributary of the river. During the British occupation of Florida from 1763 until 1783, Samuel Potts, a gentleman in England, received a 20,000-acre land grant along the St. Johns River and established a plantation named Pottburg. The creek probably takes its name from this source. Duval County purchased the land in 1957 from the developer of the adjacent Killarney Shores Division, and the boat ramp was likely built soon thereafter. Improvements over the years include a new ADA-accessible floating dock in 2004. Due to limited vertical clearance at the Beach Boulevard bridge and limited creek width, mostly smaller boats and jet skis use the ramp.