||Alexandria Park was born in 1937 as part of Brown Whatley`s and Joseph Davinís Alexandria Place subdivision in the Cityís San Marco area. The park took its name from nearby Villa Alexandria, the palatial estate of Alexander and Martha Reed Mitchell that was built in the late 1870ís. After the death of Brown Whatley and his wife Marion in a 1982 automobile accident, the City renamed the park in his honor. Telfair Stockton, Brown Whatley, and Joseph Davin, were the premier developers of the San Marco area in the 1920ís and 1930ís. In 1937, Whatley & Davin built the Little Theatre in San Marco, which is now the nationís oldest community theatre group. Tree-shaded areas, numerous benches, and open spaces combine to provide a pastoral environment at this neighborhood park.