||Brooklyn Park is located in the Brooklyn section of Jacksonville. For several years after the Civil War, a garrison of both black and white Union soldiers was stationed in Brooklyn. Some of the black soldiers remained or returned to live in the area, and were joined by former slaves, making the northwestern section of Brooklyn a black residential community. Brooklyn was platted in 1868. The City purchased the park property in 1971 and created the park soon thereafter. The park contained the same amenities in 1974 as it does in 2003. Over the years, the Brooklyn Neighborhood Association has strived to improve the aging community, with much help from the Riverside Presbyterian Church and the City’s recent redevelopment projects.