||Lonnie Wurn Boat Ramp is located in the Fort Caroline Club Estates neighborhood of north Arlington, adjacent to the St. Johns River at Mill Cove. The City’s Fort Caroline Club Park resides adjacent to the ramp property. The opening of the Matthews Bridge in 1953 greatly facilitated the development of Arlington. Arlington-Wurn Construction Co. began developing the subdivision in 1958, and built the ramp, dock, and playground, along with an adjacent water and sewer treatment plant. Lonnie Wurn conveyed these properties to the City in 1974, and after demolishing the treatment plant in 1990, the City added the property to the boat ramp site. Major improvement projects completed in 1995 and 1997 greatly enhanced the facility. Originally named for real estate developer Adolph Wurn (1890-1974), the boat ramp was later named for his son Lonnie Wurn, an attorney and developer.