||Arlington Lions Club Park is located along the St. Johns River, in the Arlington section of east Jacksonville. The Arlington Lionís Club formed in 1949, and serves the community in areas such as youth recreation and help for the blind and visually impaired. Through the innovative efforts of local realtor Richard Denby Gatlin, the Club bought the property in 1975, and with the exception of five acres that it retained, leased the remainder to the City for use as a park. The City later purchased the site in 1978, and with funding assistance from the state, developed the park in three phases between 1982 and 1989 (when the boat ramp opened). A childrenís playground was added in 1990, and the City purchased the five-acre tract from the Lions Club in 1995. The wooded grounds provide abundant nature areas and scenic views, and a long boardwalk along the river links the property with the adjacent Blue Cypress Park.