||Normandy Park is located in southwest Jacksonville between Herlong Road and Normandy Boulevard. The boulevard opened in 1944 and was named as a memorial to the soldiers killed during the Normandy invasion of France during WWII. The park opened as a Duval County facility in 1956, and the Normandy Village Elementary School was constructed south of the park in 1962. The City acquired additional parcels over the years to expand the facility, including a 2.5-acre tract (situated north of Greek Road), which was known for many years as the Doloma Street Playground. First established around 1965, the Normandy Athletic Association provides baseball and softball programs at the park for children 4 to 18 years of age, and has been an able partner of the City in constructing, operating, and maintaining the facility.