||Ryder Park is located in the Grand Park area of northwest Jacksonville. Platted in 1906, Grand Park was first settled mainly by families of railroad personnel employed at the extensive repair and maintenance yards located nearby. The terminal of Ryder Truck Lines, Inc. was located near the park property, and the company began in 1971 exploring ways to foster goodwill within the community. After meeting with community leaders and realizing the need for a playground, Ryder donated the land for the park to the City in 1972, along with additional funds toward development. The park was named by a City Council resolution in 1972, and the dedication ceremony took place in November 1973. The facility expanded in 1976 when the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad Company donated a .22-acre parcel to the City, and in 2003 the Grand Park Athletic Association signed an agreement with the City regarding team practices and games at the site.