||Concord Park is located in the in the Lake Forest section of northwest Jacksonville, near the intersection of Edgewood Avenue and U.S. Interstate 95. After filing of the first plat in 1926, it was not until around 1944 that development began again in Lake Forest, whose streets and parks exhibit an American Revolutionary War theme. Concord Park is one of two half-oval parks that were named and platted by the developers in 1944. Battles at Lexington and Concord, Massachusetts on April 19, 1775 between the colonial Minutemen and the British redcoats marked the beginning of the War. Through the years, the park has remained a small, neighborhood facility with play equipment for the children, and a major improvement project in 1999 added picnic facilities, new benches, and a water fountain. With several towering pine trees providing shade and visual relief, the park offers a place for fellowship and relaxation.