||The St. Johns Marina is located on the south bank of the St. Johns River, just east of the Acosta Bridge, which opened in 1921 and was replaced in 1994. At one time part of the St. Johns River Park and Marina (a/k/a Friendship Park), the marina is now a separate entity. When it opened in 1965, it was the first municipal marina in the downtown area, and the park boasted the Fountain of Friendship, the world’s largest and tallest fountain. The municipal docks and circular dock master’s building, built as part of the original marina, were demolished to accommodate a new restaurant and private marina, which opened in 1986. A pedestrian dock at the marina is part of the Southbank Riverwalk that opened in 1985, and the marina’s two boat ramps provide boaters nearby access to the many activities taking place along both sides of the river in the downtown area.