||Atlantic Highlands Park is located east of the intersection of Atlantic Blvd. and San Pablo Rd. in the Atlantic Highlands neighborhood, which was platted in 1925. When the military expanded the WWII navy base by annexing the community of East Mayport, many of its residents resettled west of the Intracoastal Waterway in Atlantic Highlands. In 2001, neighbors met with City Councilman Jerry Holland seeking ways to improve their community. The City purchased land for the park in January 2002 and funds were allocated for its development. As a final class project, four students at the ITT Technical Institute created the design, and the park was developed in stages between 2002 and 2004. Though opened after completion of the first phase in November 2002, the park’s dedication ceremony occurred in June 2004. This nice, tree-canopied park provides a safe playground for the neighborhood children.