||Fort Caroline Playground is located in the Fort Caroline Club Estates neighborhood of north Arlington, at the corner of Rogero and Fort Caroline Roads. As people flocked to the suburbs after World War II, the opening of the Mathews Bridge in 1953 facilitated development of the neighborhood, which began in 1958. The City established the playground in 1971, on land leased from the subdivisionís developer, Arlington-Wurn Construction Co. The City then purchased the property in 1982, and also acquired a parcel just west of the playground in 1992 for additional parking. The playground was re-designed and provided with new amenities in a major improvement project completed in 2002. At the ribbon-cutting ceremony, the City acknowledged the dedication of Mrs. Geraldine Atkinson, a longtime-resident who for decades has championed the playground, which often hosts events such as weddings, birthday parties, and reunions.