||Lynn Park resides in southwestern Jacksonville, and was named for George Lynn, treasurer of the Jacksonville Heights Improvement Co. that developed the area. The Company deeded the land from which the park was created to the Board of Public Instruction of Duval County in 1910, and originally a one-room schoolhouse occupied the site. Eventually a sizeable mobile home community developed in the area. As a response to increasing crime in recent years, the Lynn Park Area Residents Association was formed and worked for change. In August 2002, area residents and the City celebrated completion of the park’s quarter-million dollar renovation, which included a new gazebo, a lighted asphalt walking and jogging trail around the perimeter, landscaping and more.