||Liberty Park is located in the Springfield section of Jacksonville, at the intersection of Tenth and Liberty streets. Liberty Street, which was named in Jacksonville’s founding year of 1822, had previously been known as Ferry Road, because the ferry across the St. Johns River to the south bank operated at the southern terminus of the street. In 1929, the City accepted a donation of the park property, which resided adjacent to the Corinne Scott Elementary School that was built in 1926. The park was created sometime between 1929 and 1942, and possesses the same amenities today that it did in 1974. The school closed in 1991 and in recent years has been renovated into apartments targeting middle-income, urban professionals. This two-story building and several old oak trees along the perimeter enhance the setting of Liberty Park.