||Brackridge Park is located in southeast Jacksonville near the intersection of Hogan Road and Southside Boulevard. The name derives from the Brackridge Subdivision that was platted by A.B. and Lila Newton in 1952 just west of the park property. Duval County purchased the land for the park in 1954 from the Skinner Family, who by 1905 had accumulated 30,000 to 40,000 acres on the Southside. Initially a soil borrow pit and then a sanitary landfill, the property was developed and opened as a park in 1974. As the popularity of soccer spread throughout the City, the park’s adult baseball field and tennis courts were replaced by youth soccer fields in 1992. The Jacksonville Jaguars Soccer Club, founded in 1979 and presently comprised of children’s teams of varying age groups, provides much of the operation and maintenance of the soccer complex through a licensing agreement with the City.