||Buck Park is located in East Arlington, near the intersection of Fort Caroline Road and McCormick Road, in an area that was home to one of the earliest European settlements (Fort Caroline) in America, dating back to 1564. The local realtor and developer Buck & Buck Inc. donated the land for the park to Duval County in 1956 for the establishment of playground facilities in the growing area. In business since 1907, the Buck family developed the nearby Holly Oaks Forest subdivision between 1941 and 1961, and donated the land for the community club and pool adjacent to the park. James O. Buck served as president of the Florida Association of Realtors in 1968 followed by his daughter, Cathy Whatley, in 1996. A new master plan for the park was created in 2004.
Completed renovation of park in April 2010. New amenities included baketball court renovation, new playgound, and parking lot.