||Cemetery Park is located in the north Jacksonville between the Springfield and Panama Park areas. It lies just south of Evergreen Cemetery on Winona Drive, and extends from Main Street east to Liberty Street. Evergreen Cemetery was established in 1880, and in the following years many old Jacksonville families moved their deceased relatives from the Old City Cemetery to Evergreen. The Cemetery deeded the land for the park to the City in 1921. Cemetery Park and nearby May Mann Jennings Park were originally known together as Long Branch Park. The park presents a scenic setting of lawn and trees for motorists that have turned on Winona Drive from bustling Main Street, and acts as a visual and noise buffer between businesses south of the park and Evergreen Cemetery to the north.