||Warren W. Schell Jr. Memorial Park is located adjacent to Hogans Creek, in the Springfield section of north Jacksonville. The park was originally part of Springfield Park, which opened in 1901. After its founding in 1904, the Springfield Improvement Association sponsored beautification projects and weekly concerts at the park, in addition to the Hogans Creek Improvement Project that was completed in 1930. Designed by Henry J. Klutho and engineered by Charles V. Imeson, the project greatly beautified the park, which was further enhanced by the new Springfield Park Pool that opened in 1939. The City changed the name of Springfield Park to Henry J. Klutho Park in 1984, and renamed a portion of Klutho Park in 1992 to honor Warren Schell (1916-1992), a local African-American physician, civil rights advocate, and prominent community leader, who served as chairman of the Jacksonville Urban League for twenty years.