||Colonial Manor Lake Park consists of a five-acre lake and a narrow strip of land located along San Jose Blvd., in the Colonial Manor neighborhood of south Jacksonville. The property was part of the 450-acre Red Bank plantation established by Albert Philips around 1850. The name Colonial Manor derives from Philip’s Colonial-style plantation home, which is now on the National Register of Historic Places. A company headed by James R. Stockton, whose father Telfair Stockton developed San Marco, platted the subdivision in 1938 and dedicated the man-made lake to public use. As feeding of the ducks evolved into a Southside tradition, the lake became known as the San Jose Duck Pond. In more recent years, the familiar tiered fountain in the center of the lake was replaced by two floating aerators, and the San Marco Preservation Society also organized the annual remote control Boat Regatta and Community Picnic at the park.