||Cherry Street’s terminus at the St. Johns River is the site of this .06-acre neighborhood park. It is located in the Riverside Historic District, which was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Cherry Street has existed at least since 1905 and probably years earlier. Jacksonville’s first branch library, the Willowbranch Library, resides along Cherry Street, diagonally across from the West Riverside Elementary School built in 1911. In 1992-93, the City installed a new fence and also made a cut in the curb and worked on the sidewalk to provide handicap access to the park. Amidst overhanging trees, the sidewalk leads down to a single bench from which a wide panorama of the St. Johns River may be enjoyed.