||The Oak Harbor Boat Ramp is located adjacent to the Oak Harbor subdivision in Atlantic Beach, southwest of the Mayport Naval Station. Atlantic Beach incorporated in 1925 and became part of Jacksonville during consolidation in 1968, while retaining its municipal charter and local government. After platting the neighborhood in 1961, Hugh Edwards began developing the approximately 800 home sites. He created a one-acre park, known as the Modesky Memorial Playground, and also built the boat ramp, including a parking lot and picnic area, which he donated to Duval County in 1963 and 1964 respectively. Edwards dredged a canal to provide boat access to the Intracoastal Waterway and anchorage facilities for waterfront homeowners. The boat ramp and park are legacies of a developer who understood the value of recreational facilities for a well-planned community.