||Huntington Forest Park is located in the Mandarin area of southeast Jacksonville, east of Old St. Augustine Road. In 1819, after America obtained control of Florida from Spain, the area’s name was changed to Mandarin, after the popular Chinese orange being grown in the area. With the opening of the St. Johns River Bridge (Acosta Bridge) in 1921, Mandarin began to grow slowly, but after the Buckman Bridge opened in 1970 and Interstates 95 and 295 became linked, residential growth exploded. The Riverside Group, the developer of the Huntington Forest subdivision, donated the land for the park to the City in 1986. With a lake bisecting the property and trees throughout the grounds, the site presents a nice setting for a neighborhood park.