||Flynn Park is located in the Mandarin area of southeast Jacksonville, near the intersection of Flynn and Orange Picker Roads. The park is named for James J. Flynn, a Mandarin resident, whose family operated a seed and feed store on Flynn Road for most of the 1900ís. Mr. Flynn purchased Mandarinís first Model-T Ford, which was utilized as the townís only taxi service to Jacksonville and St. Augustine. In 1955 and 1956, the City purchased the land for the park. Through the years, the Mandarin Sports Association and the Mandarin Community Club have championed the need for improvements and additions at both Flynn Park and nearby Alberts Field, which opened around 1959. These improvements include a basketball court, new restrooms, and lighting for the ball field in the latter 1970ís, new playground equipment in 1990, and park fencing in recent years.