||Wesconnett Elementary School Park is located in the Wesconnett section of southwest Jacksonville, west of the 105th Street and Wesconnett Boulevard intersection. The School Board built the nearby Wesconnett Elementary School in 1927, and acquired the land for the park in 1948. Duval County later leased the property from the School Board for use as a playground. After consolidation in 1968, the city took over operation of the park, and now has a joint-use agreement for the facility with the School Board. The Westside Athletic Association and the Westside Football League formed in 1986 to provide youth softball and football/cheerleading programs at the park. Though the Association discontinued its softball program in 2002, the League is still active as part of the Jacksonville Pop Warner Football Conference; and two new football fields were developed at the park as part of a major renovation completed in 2007.