||The Normandy Boulevard Sports Complex resides on the north and south sides of Old Gainesville Road in southwest Jacksonville, and extends southward to the north side of Normandy Boulevard. The boulevard opened in 1944 and was named as a memorial to the soldiers killed during the Normandy invasion of France during WWII. Former City Councilman John Draper provided City funds to purchase and develop the park, principally as a football facility for programs of the Normandy Athletic Association. After the City purchased nine acres and Ms. Gerri Betz donated five-acres in 1994, the football field, with some additional facilities, opened in 1995. Other amenities have since been added, such as a paved parking lot and two lighted, practice fields. First established around 1965, the Association provides youth football and cheerleading programs (for ages 4 to 15), as part of the Pop Warner Football Conference.