||Forestview Park is located south of Soutel Drive in the Harborview section of northwest Jacksonville. Development of the Harborview area began in 1957, and Martin Luther King Junior Elementary School was built across from the future park site in 1962. The Charter Company donated the land for the park to the City in 1971, and by 1975 the park contained two lighted baseball fields, a community center, and an undeveloped wooded area. Eventually part of the community center was converted into a fitness center, which provides a weight room, stationary bikes, and a wellness program that includes aerobics classes, nutrition classes, and walking on a paved path. Completed in 2004, a major improvement project added new playground equipment, a pavilion, the walk path, benches, picnic tables, and more.