||Glen Myra Park originally started with 20 Lots, 3.5 acres. However with the expansion of Haines Street, the park lost 5 lots. In June 1922, The White House Land and Lumber Company sold 12 lots to the City for $5800. In May 1940, The Nassau Realty Company sold 4 lots to the City for $10. This equaled approximately ¼ of the park property. In 1942, Blackstone Holding Company sold 4 lots to the City for $10. In November 1982, Mr. & Mrs. J. Stewart deeded an 18X40 piece of property to the city.
Plans for a community center were started in 1992 with construction starting in January 1993. CM Fields authorized $18,000 from his bond account for the renovations and improvements to the center. Additional money came from the Department of the Interior Urban Parks and Recreations Recovery Program Grant and the Dept of PRE Construction Account. The construction was completed in June 1993. Mayor Ed Austin & CM Fields dedicated the center on 16 July 1993.
In 2001, park improvements included lighting, walk paths, landscaping, decorative fencing, benches, and a water feature. This project was completed in May 2002.