||Peace Memorial Park is located in the Riverside section of Jacksonville between Mallory and Cherry Streets, across from the Willowbranch Library. In 1916, the site was part of the City’s initial 13-acre purchase for the land to create Willowbranch Park. The Garden Club of Jacksonville conceived of the idea for planting the site with peace roses in 1950, as a symbol of “world peace” following World War II. After the City’s planting of 200 rose bushes, the park was dedicated in April 1951 and widely acclaimed for its beauty and charm. Unfortunately, roses are no longer growing in the park, which now provides an open expanse of lawn with a few venerable trees and a single bench. But two stone markers placed on the grounds in 1958 and 1960 by chapters of the American War Mothers offer reminders of the inspiration that led to the park’s creation.