||Panama Park is located along Buffalo Avenue, between 59th and 60th Streets, in the Panama Park suburb of north Jacksonville. After annexing the area in 1925, the City purchased ten acres for the park from developer Charles E. Bell in 1929. Approximately seven acres became Panama Playground, with active recreation facilities such as baseball fields, while the remaining three-acre tract with many trees was established as a passive facility named Buffalo Park. Following the consolidation of Jacksonville in 1968, the City combined the two facilities into Panama Playground, later known as Panama Park – which at the time was the largest public recreational facility in north Jacksonville. The Charlie T. Joseph Community Center (now a Senior Center) resides across from the northeast section of the park. And the City completed a major improvement project at Panama Park in 2003.